Brydges Place takes your privacy seriously. We are a ‘controller’ of the personal information that you provide to us and this privacy notice sets out how, why and for how long we will use your personal data, as well as who it is shared with. It also explains your legal rights as a data subject and how to exercise them.
What we need from you
When you apply to become a member or renew your membership, we may as you for some or all fo the following person information:
- Contact details – name, address, email address and phone number
- Date of birth
- Contact details for any joint member who may be on your membership
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ and customers’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
- Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, membership number, end of year renewal notice and information about events in the club.
- Set up an online membership account enabling you to manage your membership and communication preferences.
We also process our members’ person information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- Provide you with news and updates about members’ events and other events we may hold at the Club
- Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, complaints, concerns or allegations
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health and Safety Executive or the Police. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
Brydges Place may use third party suppliers to provide services. These Suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as ‘processors’ and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed person information in accordance with those purposes.
- Go Cardless and Stripe process all members’ financial information on our behalf. We do not have access to any of your personal financial data.
Your personal information is accessed by our Membership Administrator and Brydges Place Administration staff only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by the Club in an electronic format. Access is password protected and there are firewalls in place to protect against external breaches. All paperwork records are held in a secure locked filing cabinet. Your personal data is transferred electronically into our database which is password protected.
How long do we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 2 years.
You have a right to:
- Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes
- Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Request that we delete your personal information
- Access the personal information that we hold about you through a ‘subject access request’
Tel: 0207 240 7659
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk